Accounting Director - Revenue Accounting
As an Accounting Director, you will be integral to the finance team, and will be responsible for technical accounting, analysis of revenue recognition, and financialreporting.
The Accounting Director will partner members of the finance, sales and legal departments, in an effort to meet and exceed company goals and deadlines. This is a highly visible role, in which you will be accountable for leading a team in the management of cross-functional revenue and technical accounting processes and projects.
· Own the revenue and technical accounting processes for multiple revenue streams, ensuring revenue are recognized in accordance with US GAAP, and the company’s accounting policies.
· Provide supervision and guidance to the technical accounting and revenue accounting staff.
· Manage day-to-day accounting and operations in the revenue cycle, from invoicing and collections to revenue recognition issues, deal review and analysis.
· Collaborate proactively with sales, legal, and finance departments to ensure revenue transactions are recorded in accordance with the company’s revenue recognition policy.
· Create audit-ready memos for significant and non-standard salescontracts and lead external auditors in connection with revenue related audit procedures.
· Develop, maintain and updateinternal controls documentation for revenue recognition and technical accounting and supportaudits of internal controls.
· Provide detailed revenue analysis to support FP&A, senior management and the business.
· Evaluate current revenue processes, accounting, systems, and procedures to identify scalable alternatives for improvement.
· Maintain responsibility for the completion of various sections of monthly financial statements and report results to the senior management team.
· Develop the revenue operating budget, and in put information into the forecasting process.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a similar field.
· MBA or Master’s Degreepreferred.
· Public company experiencerequired.
· Strong understanding and experience dealing with regulatory requirements and revenue arrangements as per ASC 605, ASC 606, ASC 542, and ASU, as well as, other relevant authoritative literature.
· Ability to read contracts/agreements and identify pertinent terms and issues and provide appropriate, scalable, accounting guidance and issue resolution for business managers.
· Experience in environments with high transaction volume required, preferably with experience building/scaling a high growth revenue organization.
Credere Group is a professional services firm providing consulting and talent solutions across transformation and change management, operations and information technology, program and project management, regulatory compliance and customer care.
Credere Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)