The Sr. Manager for Cloud Platform Engineering is responsible for providing leadership, guidance, and administration as the product owner of the public cloud platforms that support theNordstrom enterprise. A successful candidate must have technical, leadership and soft skills. This individual is expected to display strong ownership and stewardship for all public cloud platforms andto advocate for continuous improvement and refinement of the platforms.
- Leads the day-to-day deliverables of the Cloud Platform Engineering team
- Partners closely with cross-divisional leadership to identify and resolve platform gaps, inform strategy, and drive forward the product roadmap for cloud platforms
- Creates and communicates technical and financial updates to senior leadership
- Drives requirement gathering and architectural design sessions to facilitate business driven development
- Manages requests and helps establish priorities for delivery of features
- Supports and drives platform improvements by staying current on the latest trends in cloud and on-premise computing
- Collaborates with other groups to ensure compatibility between processes and/or systems
- Assist in defining best practices, optimal processes and effective communication protocols
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Computer Science)
- 5+ years of engineering management experience at a large enterprise
- 5+ years of technical product owner experience in an agile environment with both a business and technology focus
- Technical familiarity with multi-geo public and hybrid cloud deployments and architectures
- Experience with vendor management & partner managed services
- Ability to think creatively, to see the big picture and small details, and to understand how they interrelate
- Has clear and effected written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated negotiation and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to Fortune™ magazine's list of '100 Best Companies toWork For.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and profit sharing plan and much more.We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed byemployees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.