Principal GUI Software Development Engineer - Critical Care
This position will support Critical Care Instrumentation Software development. The candidate will participate in the design and development of the user interface of an application used in Next generation bio-medical monitoring systems.
Responsibilities include develop software requirements and design documents, translation of software requirements into structured software design and implementation of the GUI applications for biomedical monitoring system, and participation in code reviews/verification.
Additional responsibilities are to provide assistance in development and maintenance of already existing GUI application and the automation of development processes and unit/regression tests for medical device systems.
- Eight + years direct experience is required. An advanced degree may offset some requiredexperience.
- A bachelor’s or a master's degree in an engineering discipline is required.
- A degree in Computer Science is a strongly preferred.
- Experience in Microsoft Visual Studio software development using C# under .Net is required.
- Experience with Software integration and debugging is required.
- Must have a knowledge and understanding of OOD and OO methodology, full SDLC processes, UML, sequence diagrams, static analysis, and software unit testing.
- Must have excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Must be able and willing to document implementation and participate in code reviews.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter who is able to achieve results with minimal direction. This position requires a high-energy individual who has excellent teamwork, partnering, and negotiation skills. Must be proactive and creative in achieving goals.
- Must have experience with windows Embedded OS and its internal mechanism.
- Experience developing software in multi-threaded / multi-processor environments is highly preferred.
- Experience in Architecting complex GUI project under windows platform is strongly preferred.
- Window 7 Embedded is strongly preferred.
- Experience in WPF is preferred.
- Experience in build environment set up is preferred.
- Experience in medical device software development is strongly preferred.
- Experience with networking protocols, including wireless, is a plus.