Valeant is a diverse organization committed to focusing on our key stakeholders while delivering consistently high performance. Our mission of improving people’s lives through our healthcare products is supported by five pillars – quality healthcare outcomes, customer focus, innovation, efficiency and the commitment of our people – that are foundational to our success and future growth. They provide overall direction for the company and the tools necessary to rise to any challenge.
Our specialty pharmaceuticals, branded generics and consumer products play a role in helping millions of people live healthier lives and providing treatment to those affected by debilitating diseases. We remain committed to improving the health and well-being of people everywhere, profitably growing our businesses, and bringing value to our shareholders.
The Executive Assistant’s responsibilities will require flexibility, a positive attitude and receptiveness to changing responsibilities and multiple demands. The Executive Assistant is the front-line representative, a positive and professional demeanor and appearance of the person is required at all times. A “team work” orientation is essential to provide a full continuum of administrative support functions as well as provide backup support as needed.
In this role the successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Maintain schedule/calendar of key activities for Company Group Chairman and Chief Business Strategy Office in addition to provide backup and support for the Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Office. Prioritize as needed and work with the team to proactively identify potential needs. Potential to travel to provide onsite backup support quarterly.
- Review, email / print requests for approval, e.g., expense approvals, on a regular basis, and ensure that all requisitions are addressed and vetted in accordance with the company policies / authority matrix.
- Prepare PowerPoint slide presentations as requested.
- Maintain an organized filing system, triage accordingly all telephone inquiries.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings.
- Participate in performing tasks on “special projects” as requested.
- Take and distribute well-organized minutes as required on a timely basis for Team Staff meetings. This includes the preparation, maintenance and follow-up list of “to do’s” and “action items” with deadlinedates that result from the meetings.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times in circumstances where required and necessary.
- Exhibit initiative and “follow-through” to help leadership and the team as necessary. Identify areas to provide assistance and pursue the opportunity to do so.
- Communicate on a timely basis the status of tasks, especially if and when the timely completion of tasks is falling behind.
- Continuous and consistent performance of administrative tasks, including but not limited to, ordering supplies, making photocopies, scanning of documents, preparing expense reports, etc.
- High school diplomarequired; college degreepreferred
- Minimum of 8years’ of experience supporting a senior-level executive
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to handle highly sensitive information with complete confidentiality
- Ability to maintain consistent and high levels of performance
- Ability to partner with and advise supervisor and team
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate ownership and execution of primary responsibilities, anticipate needs and resolve issues quickly/effectively
- Strong ability to multi-task projects across groups
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage expectations and meet deadlines, work beyond core hours as needed
- Ability to think beyond the task to the overall project objectives and improve processes
- Willingness to remain in contact after-hours/weekends as necessary
- Ability to engage with internal/external stakeholders to coordinate meetings/travel
- Experience working on highly confidential projects with appropriate discretion and sensitivity
- Ownership mindset for projects and ability to follow-up and see projects through to completion
- Maintain a consistent work schedule regarding work times. Provide timely notice when a change in the work schedule is required.
- Strong working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs. - boxes containing documentation
Job ID 9217