Nordstrom is a fashion specialty retailer founded on a simple idea: offer each customer the best possible service, quality, value and selection. We are looking for a skilled individual to provide valuable technical leadership in our Nordstrom Store Technology department.
Our team is playing a large part in revolutionizing omni-channel retail. Across technology, we design, develop, and support multiple websites, mobile applications, and systems used virtually anywhere, including our 300+ physical stores. The systems we develop must work in synergy to deliver products and services to customers when and where they want them. These platforms are ripe with opportunity and waiting for the right creative individual to help mold them into the most wonderful commerce experience our customers and salespeople could imagine – you can be a part of this.
The initial responsibilities of the candidate will be to work with our Product Management team on the future vision of retail. They will create, support, and integrate with internal and external systems. Candidates must thrive in an intellectually challenging environment, solve some of the top problems in the industry, and create highly flexible and scalable solutions.
- Crave and foster new ideas - efficiently and iteratively deliver projects through test and learn cycles.
- Get things done – know how to keep your team motivated and how to effectively work across organizational boundaries.
- Lead by example - be highly-technical and hands-on.
- Support – mentor those you support and understand their career goals; maintain an open dialogue about their strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Drive quality - balance time-to-market with support and scalability; make conscious decisions.
- Provide technical Influence - hold your own in discussions, be a subject matter expert, and clearly communicate vision.
- Collaborate - have the ability to work well with stakeholders to understand, design, and develop the innovations that will change the face of retail.
- Make data-driven decisions – understand how to use data to improve the efficiency, scalability, stability and security of your applications.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical field required - M.S. preferred.
- 5+ years experience building software solutions in an enterprise or start up engineering environment.
- 3+ years experience managing and growing mid-to-large software engineering teams as a people manager.
- 3+ years experience with medium-to-large, multi-tiered applications a big plus.
- Experience with ‘test and learn’ methodologies and understanding of large enterprise scale.
- Working knowledge of Point of Sale systems is a plus.
- Experienceworking withcontract resources is a plus.