First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) operates through its family of companies to help people achieve and protect their dream of homeownership. First American was named one of FORTUNE’s 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. With experiencedating back to 1889, First American is a leading provider of title insurance protection and settlement services to the real estate and mortgage industries.
Do you have experience leading an accounting team? We are looking for experienced supervisors that want to be part of a growing team of accounting professionals. You will be supervising a group of AP professionals by leading the work of the team; interviewing, selecting and training the team; actively managing team performance; and implementing legal compliance initiatives.
We believe in a high-performing, collaborative culture, and we want someone who thrives in a dynamic, established company and enjoys the challenges of understanding business needs and acting on them. Are you an experienced hands-on strategic individual who works well in a highly collaborative team environment? If so, your job duties will include:
- Develops, maintains and monitors accounting controls for the department.
- Leads the operational activities of a functional area within the department (Accounts Payable).
- Writes and conducts employee performance reviews and provides ongoing performance feedback with direct consultation with Manager.
- Provides hiring recommendations to management.
- Assists with all personnel management and goal setting.
- Provides regular team status updates and analysis/reports to Manager.
- Interacts with management on issues requiring coordination across functional/departmental lines.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 8years relevant professional level work experience.
- 1-2 years demonstrated experience in a supervisory role.
- Licenses/Certifications a plus.
- Successful track record of executing in areas of expertise.
- Ability to implement processes to ensure compliance and quality.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate the function’s vision and the department’s direction, and set goals for team.
- Ability to select and coach talent and hold employees accountable for results.
- Provides others with reliable information and use good listening skills.
- Ability to understand and applyGAAP and SOX principles.