- Develop clinical and product training programs including the content and delivery mechanisms resulting in an effective and engaging program with the adult learner in mind.
- Lead the design of content for core product / clinical training curriculum for new and existing field based sales and clinical employees in collaboration with marketing, operations and professional education.
- Utilize clinical knowledge expertise to effectively deliver training programs to employees to improve their clinical and product skills enabling greater achievement of business objectives.
- Identify and maintain strong relationships with key internal stakeholders and key clinician customers while developing outstanding credibility through clinical, customer and overall market knowledge.
- Collaborate with management to ensure training objectives are met with consistency and in compliance with the CC sales training strategy.
- Partner with Regional Sales Directors to gather and analyze ongoing business trends in order to develop training plans and programs that meet the changing needs and priorities of the Critical Care sales organization.
- Develop and contribute to training efforts with internal development programs such as Field Training Team, Leadership Development Program and Field Marketing Team.
- Other incidental duties; Responsible for proctoring training in a wet lab environment in alignment with IACUC guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree with 10 years of work experience OR Master's degree with 8 years of related experience working in sales, marketing, or healthcare industry required
- Relevant experience in the medical device industry or the critical care sector in a clinical or sales position.
- Prior experience with instructional design and developing clinical/technical content preferred
- Prior successful experience as a trainer in clinical and/or sales role preferred
- Demonstrated ability to conceive, develop and implement training and field adoption strategies, convert these into tactical roll-out plans and deliver results with a specific emphasis on market strategy and new product launches.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
- Extensive knowledge of own area within the organization while contributing to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of policies, procedures, and requirements relevant to clinical training
- Proven business acumen and working knowledge of a dynamic medical device market environment required
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills with a successful track record of taking initiative and accomplishing goals aligned with business unit strategy.
- Creative out of the box thinker who is intellectually curious.
- Good organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing priorities.
- Ability to routinely work on multiple tasks with multiple people while effectively prioritizing.
- Sound decision making capabilities & the ability to make decisions in absence of consensus when necessary
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization