As Senior Accountant, your primary role is to ensure that Purdue’s accounting system is operating at an optimal level, which includes completeness and accuracy of the accounting records in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) requirements. You will be responsible for strategic planning relating to the accounting structure and vision of the department; preparing and reviewing reconciliations of sub-ledger activity; analyzing and reporting on variances from budget and prior periods; and preparation and review of various management and external financial reports. Additionally, you will achieve accounting objectives by contributing ideas and working with others to further strategic initiatives.
The posting represents three vacancies; (2) full time and (1) part time (0.5 FTE / 20 hours).
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field.
- Five years professional accounting experience; Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementation or significant accounting process changes.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills promoting tactful interactions with all constituents.
- Motivated individual with strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to efficiently multi task, work under pressure, handle frequent interruptions, and meet deadlines with accuracy.
- Demonstrated problem solving, including identifying and analyzing problems, and generating and evaluating alternative solutions.
- Demonstrated accountability, decisiveness, influencing and negotiation.
- Ability to appropriately use and apply technology in the workplace and analyze, interpret, explain and comply with policies and procedures and regulations applicable to the functional area.
- Ability to understand and prepare complex data analysis and present data according to user requirements.
- Ability to inspire and foster team commitment, spirit, pride, and trust while fostering an inclusive workplace with a commitment to professional standards and ethics in any situation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Experience working with non-profit or higher education
- Advanced working knowledge of Cognos and SAP.
- Knowledge of University fund accounting essentials, construction and fixed asset accounting, gifts and endowment accounting, financial systems, and relational databases.
- The posting represents three vacancies; (2) full time and (1) part time (0.5 FTE / 20 hours).
- Purdue will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.