A day in the life…
The Director of Social and Brand Media position sits with Nordstrom’s full price marketing organization which focuses on Nordstrom stores and Nordstrom.com. This team also coordinatesclosely with Nordstrom’s off-price marketing team focused on Nordstrom Rack, Nordstromrack.com and Hautelook.com for a holistic view of our customer journey across marketing touch points.
This Marketing Director position supports a high-performing Social Media Team which manages all engagement focused paid and organic activity across social platforms, which is a critical channel for top of funnel awareness and engagement as well as a key contributor to new customer acquisition for Nordstrom. This position also supports a Brand Media Team which manages all brand digital and traditional media channels, including print, outdoor and any broadcast media for US and Canada, as well as day to day management of our media agency of record. This role reportsto the Vice President of Marketing (Acquisition & Advertising) within Nordstrom’s full line price business and office of the CMO.
This individual will be accountable for bringing brand strategies to life through media by designing fully integrated, consumer relevant and cross-platform communication plans that meet overall business objectives and drives ideas in new channels. They will also utilize data to build out scalable audiences, while delivering innovation, thought leadership and a future vision of consumer behavior across media touch points. Additionally, this leader should bring a POV to the businesson how these marketing channels can deliver on brand KPI’s as well as new customer acquisition and existing customer retention, activation and engagement.
Lead Strategically to Deliver on Business Goals
- Lead strategic planning with a lens on audience insights for brand and multi-touch attribution KPI’s.
- Manage and leverage Nordstrom media budgets to develop impactful and creative ways forthe Company to break through the clutter, maximize investments and drive effective and efficient ROI.
- Provide guidance on individual brand and campaign launches working to best use media tomeet brand and acquisition/retention goals.
- Support Nordstrom’s focus on driving our brand pillars to differentiate us from thecompetition.
- Collaborate cross-functionally within the organization and with external partners to ensure executional excellence of innovative integrated marketing plans.
- Provide analysis of media reports to synthesize inflight optimization & provide brand specific learnings.
- Become valuable and trusted partner/confidant to your cross-functional partners on theoptimal experiences, platforms, environments, contexts, and content across all communications touch points to drive forward their business and marketing objectives.
Drive Innovation, Thought Leadership and Data-Driven Business Growth
- Leverage knowledge of all mediums and emerging media platforms in conjunction with a vast marketing proficiency to deliver against both the short-term and long-term objectivesof the business.
- Lead strategic media partners and enable them to drive breakthrough integrations across media and publishing platforms.
- Drive Innovation by articulating and visualize various emerging trends and behaviors acrossthe media landscape and how Nordstrom can leverage these trends to deliver on business objectives.
- Maintain clear communication with brand and category teams, senior management, creative and media agency partners.
- Define KPIs and own channel / campaign performance reporting with analytics and agencyteam.
- Actively seek out and engage with analytics and research partners to determine KPI’s, data sources, and measurement tools that will provide insight for learning.
- Establish best practices to ensure teams take full advantage of relevant tools to deliver results.
- Help bridge the gap between creative ideas and media execution by fully integrating media strategy into brand strategy in partnership with your Brand and Creative team partners and peers.
Lead and Develop a High Performing Team
- Mobilize the team to drive tactical execution, analysis and optimization across all channels.
- Promote an open working environment where opinions, views and ideas can be shared.
- Provide sound guidance to the team, encouraging them through performance managementand consistent feedback. Identify staff developmental opportunities that will help to accelerate their professional goals.
You own this if you have…
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in strategy and leadership roles for digital media, traditional media, content amplification and social.
- Prior success in scaling large scale (Fortune 500), national integrated marketing campaigns in an Omni-channel / e-commerce environment is preferred.
- Candidate should have a deep knowledge of the current and emerging media landscape.
- Candidate should have working knowledge of how to utilize data to inform digital plans throughout the process.
- Candidate should possess very strong communication skills and be confident in leading cross-functional teams.
- Accountability – Supports and empowers leaders to take initiative in making necessary decisions and to follow through on commitments. Takes ownership of organizational results, while fostering a culture of accountability across business units.
- Collaboration – Executes decisions in partnership with business unit leaders with Nordstrom vision and goals in mind. Creates a culture of collaboration and trusting workingrelationships across all levels of the organization.
- High Performing Team – Creates and promotes an environment for Teammates and self togrow and demonstrate new skills across the organization. Advocates for Teammates and managers by communicating their strengths and wins across the organization. Generates passion and commitment to team mission, promoting shared purpose across teams.
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills and critical thinking / problem solving skills.
- Passion for innovation and integrated marketing and e-commerce.
- Experience presenting and partnering with top level management to drive results.
- Ability to travel up to 20% required.