We have an exciting opportunity for an Account Manager to join our team in Manhattan, NY.
The Account Manager will be responsible for selling professional services, management services and product in the information technology field, particularly to network executives in the Commercial, Public Sector and Enterprise space.
The Account Manager should be able to manage a territory and be responsible for a multi-million dollar quota in both network product resale and consulting services including strategy, design, implementation, network managed services, Cisco, VMware, EMC, NetApp and other applicable product solutions. Strong selling skills as they relate to Virtualization, , Cloud, Computing and Storage sales with existing and new clients are extremely important.
The chosen candidate will work with management to develop account strategy, close contracts and maintain excellent client relationships.
- Achieve sales objectives primarily through sales to new customers and also through sales of additional services to existing customers.
- Discover client business needs and propose appropriate product or service.
- Manage territory, including account planning and opportunity management.
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge about Presidio’s products and services.
- Excellent service is required to ensure assigned accounts meet or exceed client satisfaction through up-selling.
- Properly forecast monthly, quarterly and annual revenue numbers for assigned territory.
- Work with key partners to drive associated product revenue
- Successfully negotiate contracts.
- Provide feedback from field experience to sales management with regards to product, selling, competitive matters. etc.
- Build and maintain trusting relationships with associates and customers.
- Effectively transfer thoughts and express ideas using speech and listening skills to influence others and gain support.
- Competitive, high achiever who persists despite obstacles, opposition or setbacks.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and/or military experience
- 3-5 years information technology sales required.
- Experience working within the technology infrastructure Value Added Reseller (VAR) space, preferred
- Living local to NYC, as the account base will mainly be Manhattan and the boroughs