5 - 7 years experience • Transportation Services
The Senior Accountant is responsible for analyzing revenue and expenses to ensure they are recorded properly according to GAAP, preparing monthly account reconciliations; prepare various schedules for Property, Equipment Leases and Facility Leases. They will assist with Annual Audits, Taxaudits, Assist with preparations of Internal and External Financial Reports, assist with the budget for each upcoming year.
- Perform accounting activities including preparing journal entries, month-end accruals, month-end closing entries, allocations, account reconciliations and the preparation of financial statements.
- Create and maintain schedules required to track Lease payments for property, equipment and Rent for all facilities; recognition of Prepaid/ deferred Expenses and Accruals.
- Prepare Expense and Revenue accruals for various departmental and divisional lines and prepare balance sheet reconciliations.
- Respond to ad hoc requests from various internal business partners and external customers or institutions. Provide continuous support for both internal and external customers.
- Ensure that our financial systems (Adaptive Insights/ Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains) are in sync and reconciled with our actual, forecast, and budget data and file uploads. Ensure our allocations and roll up structures are current and updated and assist with the annual budget
- Supportaudit activities (internal, Tax, business) by preparing various PBC’s and disclosure notes as well as the Cash Flow Statement.
Education and Work Experience and Other Work Requirements
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance, CPApreferred
- 4-6 years of Full Cycle Accounting experience (Month End Closing, Financial Reporting, Reconciliations, Variance Analysis, Technical Accounting)
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages for both general ledger and statutory accounting – Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains/ Adaptive Insights preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.