Manages and oversees daily activities of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Fixed Asset, and General Ledger functions, ensuring accurate and timely processing of all financial transactions. Supervises staff assigned to these functions. Regular, predictable attendance is essential for satisfactory performance. CPA Required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees the activities of the Accounts Receivable function to ensure the accurate and timely management of all Accounts Receivable components including billings, collections, revenue recognition and reporting.
- Oversees the activities of the Accounts Payable function to ensure the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable invoices, accurate recording of transactions, 1099 issuance and sales/use tax compliance.
- Oversees the activities of the Payroll function to ensure the accurate and timely processing of payroll checks and payrolltax filings in multiple states.
- Ensures that Constrution projects and Fixed Assets are properly recorded and depreciated in accordance with the Company's policies and GAAP.
- Oversees the activities of the General Ledger Function to ensure the accurate and timely closing of the General Ledger.
- Assures all transactions are recorded in adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, including researching the impact of new accounting pronoucements and its affect on existing policies.
- Manage issuance of corporate credit cards and ensure transactions are recorded appropriately.
- Establishes and maintains processes and controls to achieve maximum efficiencies and adherence of accounting policies and procedures which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the Company's value.
- Ensures accurate and timely financialreporting tointernal management and parent company.
- Oversees all required statutory filings with all governmental agencies.
- Provides guidance to Controller and Company senior management with respect to accounting policies and technical accounting interpretations.
- Performs weekly cash management and forecast.
- Performs monthly Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss account analysis by location.
- Works closely with other department managers on interdepartmental process flows to support corporate goals.
- Trains and mentors department staff.
- Assists in the completion of special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of Accounting principles and practices.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Organizational abilities.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Capability of managing a medium size staff.
- Able to be highly confidential.
- Proficient with computers to include the utilization of Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Advanced knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel required.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Manages stress and/or fast-pace effectively.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting
- CPA required
- 8 + years of Accounting/Finance experience.
- 3+ years in a leadership role.
- Public Accountingexperiencepreferred