For nearly 100 years, Hillcrest Medical Centerhas provided an environment of hope, health and healing. The 620-bed hospital is among Oklahoma’s most widely respected and acclaimed hospitals, offering extraordinary care and a multitude of services in many areas. These areas include a regional burn unit – The Alexander Burn Center; a premiere hospital dedicated exclusively to women’s health – The Peggy V. Helmerich Women’s Health Center; a state-of-the-art specialized orthopedic hospital – The Spine & Orthopedic Center; a unique, all-inclusive rehabilitation center – Kaiser Rehabilitation Center; a comprehensive diabetes education center – The Hillcrest Center for Diabetes Management; the latest technology for the treatment of cancer – Oklahoma CyberKnife; and, most recently completed, the state’s largest dedicated heart hospital for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of heart disease – Oklahoma Heart Institute.
Hillcrest Medical Center is a premier provider of health care services, delivered with compassion for patients and their families; with respect for employees, physicians and other health professionals; with accountability for our fiscal and ethical performance; and with responsibility to the communities we serve.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for the overall hospital financial administration. Additional areas of responsibility may include: general accounting, data processing, business office, materials management, information systems and financialreporting. This position ensures that the internal controls are adequate to safeguard the assets of each entity and that the accounting systems are sufficient to generate accurate and timely financialreporting.
Examples of Responsibilities:
Achieve Financial and Operational Excellence
• Assuming a lead role in analyzing and exploring means of reducing hospital operating costs and increasing revenues based on knowledge of market trends, financial reports and operating procedures.
• Assisting the CEO in the development of long and short range hospital operations plans which may include service demand analyses, resources availability analyses, productivity, and cost benefit analyses of proposed capital and staff expansions.
• Developing long and short range operational and capital budgets which are supported by the hospitals long and short range plans and objectives.
• Direct the preparation of hospital statistical reports, budgets, and financial reports.
• Administer the general accounting, patient business services, including reimbursement, financial, and statistical reporting functions of the hospital in accordance with established policies and accounting procedures.
• Provide informal direction in data processing, distributed systems, material management, and medical record functions. Monitor performance, ensuring that fiscal responsibilities are fulfilled.
• Direct the preparation of internal financial reports, ensuring that the reports accurately reflect the hospital’s financial performance.
• Direct the timely submission of all financial data associated reports required by government and other regulated agencies including payroll tax reports, public disclosure reports, and third party payor cost reports.
• Communicating financial operational performance with all stakeholders, including senior administration, appropriate facility staff members and Division Office.
• Reviewing contracts, purchase agreements, and other financial arrangements to ensure compatibility with business goals and expectations about profitability.
Education, Licenses, and Certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field, Required
• Master's degree in Hospital Administration or Business Administration, Preferred
• 5+ years of experience in hospital CFO role.
• Experience in an integrated delivery system, Strongly Preferred
• Service – Patient Centered Customer Service
• Quality – Clinical and Operational Excellence
• People – Promotes a Collaborative Environment
• Financial – Business Acumen
• Growth – Fosters Innovation