ABOUT THE POSITION
The Arkansas CFO plans, organizes, and directs the overall financial management and managed care finance activities of the company to ensure the cost effective development, implementation, and operation of the Arkansas PASSE Empower Partnership. Particular focus on physical health actuarial accounting, NAIC compliance and partnership relations are critical.
- Develops, submits and implements departmental and overall Beacon Arkansas goals and objectives which align with company and corporate goals and objectives/strategic priorities. This will include coordination of medical cost savings initiatives with Clinical and Network leadership.
- Maintain an effective working relationship that meets the needs of the client, partnership members, corporate Finance department and overall corporate leadership. Key external relationships will include State personnel connected with program, enrollment and rate-setting processes as well as Empower PASSE Board.
- Provides financial expertise on developmental planning and implementation for the company’s product and services to include both behavioral and physical health.
- Assist engagement center and corporate leadership in providing financial and operational oversight of physical health TPA.
- Provide all requiredfinancialreporting to corporate leadership, partnership and state client. Coordinate with corporate Finance all department of insurance reserve requirements and reporting.
- Coordinate monthly activities with corporate actuary to ensure medical expense estimates and IBNR reporting are as accurate as possible.
- Work with Network department and CEO to develop and implement alternative payment models with key providers.
Education: BS in Accounting or Finance
Licenses:CPA or MBA Preferred
Relevant Work Experience: Requires 7-10 years’ financial leadership experience preferably in a health insurance plan environment