Growing chemical manufacturer is looking for a CFO with industry experience. Company will pay for relocation.
The CFO position is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financialreports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- Supervises all accounting staff.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage outsourced functions.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives.
- Cash Management.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner.
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly.
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed.
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis.
- Maintain the chart of accounts.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements.
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Provide for a system of management cost reports.
- Provide financial analyses as needed.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external CPA's for tax return preparation.
- Send documents to bank for Borrowing Base calculation.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
· Valid identification and the ability to legally work in the United States.
· Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience
- Proven working experience as a CFO or Senior Controller
- At least 3+ years of experience in the chemical manufacturing industry
- 10+ years of overall combined accounting and financeexperience
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
· Must be detail orientated.
· Ability and willingness to problem solve.
· Maintain a positive attitude and readily adapts to changes necessary to support the business.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram format.