The CFO is a financial strategist and visionary business planner who identifies and develops new financial opportunities in both product and service lines, while managing the assets of the firm to maximize growth and expansion. As a member of the senior management team, the CFO to the strategic decision-making and operational execution of company initiatives across all areas of the business. Leads the development of the annual business plan and will be in a strategic role in planning and implementing all the financial-related activities of the Company, including responsibility for collections, accounting, finance, treasury, strategic planning and budgeting, risk management, and tax functions. The CFO is additionally responsible, through subordinate executives and managers, for directing the fiscal functions of the global corporation and its subsidiaries in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board and other international regulatory and advisory organizations and in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the industry.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies and creatively develops new business opportunities, prepares the business cases, and generates the support of the CEO, COO, and other senior team members.
- Assesses risks and limits on current lines of revenue and proposes enhancements and/or replacements for the future.
- Plays a leadership role in the development and execution of the company's short term and long-term strategy.
- Works effectively across all functional areas of the company, leading by example and positively impacting the company and enhancing the company's culture internally.
- Serves as trusted advisor to CEO in developing options for equityevents, facilitating choice of options, and designing proposals.
- Leads acquisition due diligence and negotiates acquisitions.
- Ensures adequate cash flow to meet organizational needs.
- Develops and promotes a framework to drive financial acumen and accountability across the organization; provides timely and meaningful analyses and reporting to operational leaders to increase their effectiveness.
- Oversees the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations.
- Manages a team of direct reports which includes regional CFO's globally, Treasurer, and Controller.
- Through direct reports has responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, treasury, analysis, reporting, supporting pricing strategies, contract management, capital expenditure analysis, working capital management, hedging, settlements with agents, and managing banking relationships, including covenant reporting.
- Ensures that all of the above functions have appropriate staffing.
- Through direct reports, manages process for financialforecasting, individual and consolidated budgets and financial reporting of the company on a global basis.
- Responsible for financialinternal controls and coordination of all financialaudits.
- Maintains and develops relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
- Negotiates final audit findings with auditors.
- Reports financial results to Board of Directors and Advisory Board.
- Serves as one of the trustees to oversee administration and financial reporting of the organization's 401(k) retirement plan.
- Maintains and develops relationships with banks and third-party vendors.
- Responsible for reporting to joint venture partners.
- Reviews all formal accounting, procedures, processes, and administration, and recommends improvements.
- Provides guidance on attracting and developing key team members.
- Works in conjunction with Legal and Compliance to ensure that effective internal controls are in place to ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations for financial and taxreporting.
- Installs and monitors reliable control systems, including those for MIS security.
- Maintains appropriate insurance coverage?
- 10+ years of public / private or straight private experience.
- 10+ years Strategic Finance and/or FP&A (Financial Planning & Analysis).
- Experience with M&A and/or private equity a MUST.
- MBA and CPApreferred.
- Experience managing teams of 20+ professionals.
- Experience in financial services required.
- Experience in remittance industry preferred.
- Fluency in English and Spanish preferred.
- High energy.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills, including ability to communicate with and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remotelocations
- Leadership capacity to exercise close supervision when needed as well as capacity to delegate to trusted and proven subordinates when appropriate, along with the judgment to discern which style is called for.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based upon accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and ethics.
- Engenders trust to safeguard sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong sense of urgency and results orientation.
- Courage to speak candidly, along with emotional intelligence to do so diplomatically and in the best timing and setting.
- Capacity to adapt to and respect the cultures and practices of other countries and of an entrepreneurial firm, while effectively enrolling support for needed changes which will further the shareholders' objectives.
- Highly professional self-presentation and executive presence
- Willing to travel 25% of time.