Our Client has a permanent CFO position located in Southfield. This is for an established yet growing company in the Real Estate management/investment industry.
There is a great salary plus bonus and benefits. The company has also created a very nice work environment which may be a breath of fresh air to most CFO's.
General Summary: A position responsible for directing the organization's financial planning and accounting practices as well as its relationship with lending institutions, pay sources, and the financial community.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Interacts with management staff in developing the strategic plan and its financial planning component.
2. Oversees and directs budgeting, audit, tax, accounting, purchasing, long-range forecasting, and insurance activities for the organization.
3. Evaluates the organization's financial position and issues periodic reports on the organization's financial stability, liquidity, and growth.
4. Develops and implements financial policies and procedures and ensures compliance.
5. Assures implementation of internal controls and generally accepted accounting procedures accounting.
6. Supervises the analysis of costs to ensure appropriate income/cash flow.
7. Oversees and directs the preparation and issuance of the organization's annual tax and other reports. Prepares or reviews financial statements.
8. Strategizes with President on company growth initiatives.
9. Oversees the team in property takeovers through acquisitions and new accounts.
Immediate Supervisor Title: President/CEO
Job Supervisory Responsibilities: VP of Accounting, business office manager and indirect supervision of all members of the finance, treasury management, IT, HR & risk management departments.
Experience: Solid experience in financial/accounting management. Experience in real estate financial management strongly preferred.
Other Requirements: CPA or MBA preferred.
1. Knowledge of the principles of financial management sufficient to direct professional staff and coordinate all aspects involved with fiscal requirements.
2. Knowledge of real estate financial and budgetary practices to develop annual budget and review and analyze financial data and patterns.
1. Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve objectives.
2. Skill in evaluating operations as they relate to policies, goals and objectives.
3. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all members of the company management team.
4. Skill in identifying and resolving accounting and financial problems.
1. Ability to create an atmosphere that encourages motivation, innovation, and high performance.
2. Ability to delegate responsibility and authority to staff.
3. Ability to communicate effectively and clearly.