AECOM is actively seeking a highly talented Software Developer for immediate employment in the Germantown, MD office. The successful candidate will support the Technology Solutions Department in planning, developing and maintaining customer-specific application development projects (web, desktop and mobile). This is a client interfacing position and the ideal candidate will not only develop software, but have the ability to successfully present the software to our internal and external clients.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Work with senior technology solutions team members to assist with the development of a wide variety of software solutions (web, desktop and/or mobile)
- Collaborate with team to develop best solution for given requirements, budget and time constraints
- Develop software solutions on time and within budget
- Provide technical support to work on all application tiers
- Assist with coordination and troubleshooting of previously developed software
- Research and recommend new technologies that could benefit the team
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 2 years minimum experience developing CMS sites using WordPress and/or other open source PHP based CMS systems or the educational equivalent or a mix therof.
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Understanding of MySQL database platform
- Experience building custom themes, plugins, widgets, WordPress filters, etc.
- Experience using version control software
- Willingness and desire to learn new techniques and technologies
- Bachelors Degree in related field
- Demonstrated working knowledge of CSS pre-processors such as compilers SASS/LESS
- Drupal/Joomla CMSexperience
- Experience with an agile or semi-agile workflow
- Working knowledge of the general mobilelandscape, architectures, trends and emerging technologies.