The Director, Cloud Product Management is responsible for new product development and lifecycle management of TierPoint’s Managed Cloud services portfolio. The individual will also provide ongoing leadership of the prioritization and identification of new security product opportunities and projects to be developed under the structure of the formal Product Development Lifecycle Process. This leader will work with Product Management leadership and leaders from other functional areas (Architecture & Engineering, Sales / Sales Engineering, Software Development, Professional Services, Operations, Customer Care, etc.) to conceptualize, define, develop, and launch new Managed Cloud services and capabilities. This leader will also hold regular meetings for the company to facilitate the selection and prioritization of partnerships with best in class vendors across the span of the Managed Cloud portfolio. This function is directly responsible for the development of new Managed Cloud products, features and services for the company to accomplish its goals, including:
- To strengthen our position as a leading global provider of managed IT Infrastructure, Cloud, and Security services in targeted market segments
- Deliver strong new service offerings on time and under budget that compel clients to want to purchase TierPoint solutions
The applicant must have proven and demonstrable abilities in the following areas:
- Strong understanding of hypervisor technologies and tools including but not limited to VMware vSphere, VMware vCenter, VMware vCloud Director, Microsoft Hyper-V, and Microsoft SCVMM.
- Strong understanding of partner licensing programs including but not limited to VMware VCPP, Microsoft CSP, Microsoft SPLA, and Redhat CCSP
- Strong understanding of cloud billing models
- Experience with designing, deploying and managing private, shared/multitenant, and hyperscale cloud solutions. Additionally, converged and hyper-converged cloud architectures.
- Strong familiarity with Cloud / Virtualization / Hyperscaler platforms, services, and best practices regarding Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud environments
- Strong understanding of Software Defined services as it relates to compute, storage, and networking offerings.
- Strong understanding of services delivered via IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS and transformational processes to adopt each model
- Visibility and awareness of emerging cloud services/technologies to assist in defining and nurturing future cloud services roadmap development efforts
- Understanding and ability to drive security best practices across the balance of the TierPoint Managed Services portfolio including Security, Monitoring, OS Management, Storage & Backup, DRaaS, O365 / Azure, Public & Private Cloud, Network, Colocation, and third-party
- Working knowledge of security services across disparate cloud architectures
- Common operating system best practices within Windows and Linux desktop and server environments
- Understanding of Enterprise Operations Center practices and their implications to the support of Managed Cloud services
- Leadership and ability to lead and inspire a virtual, multi-disciplinary product development team
- Fundamental understanding of product management, product development, release and lifecycle management processes.
- Creation and implementation of cross-functional processes.
- Analysis and implementation of incremental improvements to existing products and support systems.
- Development, implementation, and production of reports for performance metrics, which help the business make intelligent and informed decisions for the prioritization and development of new products.
- Development of highly performing cross-functional teams which share common goals.
- Provides quality internal and external customer service surrounding the Company values
- Lead a team of professionals (peers), who participate in cross-functional core teams, and score, evaluate and prioritize new products and services through a defined development life-cycle and manage the development process mechanics
- Provide first-line product support to Sales and Sales Engineering including product training, pricing and specification guidance, pre-sales client-facing product presentations, demonstrations, and consultative sales support for assigned products
- Consistently interface with the TierPoint CTO and organization to ensure the integrity, compliance, and adherence to corporate standards of all existing and newly-developed Managed Cloud product offerings
- Primary interface for ecosystem vendors and third-party partners to ensure the stability and ongoing health of all business relationships
- Develop and implement a Managed Cloud Product portfolio that is understood, effective, and easy to use by key stakeholders and clients
- Gather feedback on the products and look for opportunities to streamline and improve
- Joint administration of the product life cycle process
- 10-15+ years’ experience in the cloud, hosting, MSSP, and/or telecom industry in a Cloud Product Development, Program Management, or Practice Management role
- Fundamental understanding of product management processes and practices
- Ability to independently make and support decisions
- Deep understanding of cross-functional negotiation dynamics
- Solid knowledge of best practices in people management
- Advanced skills in Windows 8/10, MS Office, MS Visio
- Solid understanding of organizational structure and best practices
- High level of familiarity with information technology
- Ability to facilitate and champion communication between organizations
- Highly organized and detail oriented individual
- Ability to communicate effectively in speech and writing
- Ability to effectively present material in large group settings
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of follow through and adhere to extremely tight deadlines in a fast-paced development/project management arena
- Adequate professional experience and knowledge to perform Job Responsibilities
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work both independently and with others
- Ability to operate in a fast moving, team-oriented, collaborative environment with tight deadlines