Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
11 - 15 years
Posted 162 days ago
AECOM is seeking a
Director, Operations to be based in our Aiken, SC location.
1) Responsible for the overall functioning and performance of the business segment or complex functional area/site.
2) In consultation with the operational managers, develops the basic objectives, strategies, and plans of the business segment; submits these to the President and General Manager for review and approval. Ensures adequate planning for future development and growth of the business segment, and participates in the preparation of division plans (e.g., two-year plan, strategic plan, etc.); periodically presents such plans for review and approval by the Corporation.
3) Directs the development and installation of a sound plan of organization, processes, and controls.
4) Appraises and evaluates the results of the business segment relative to established objectives regularly and systematically and ensures that appropriate steps are taken to correct unsatisfactory conditions. Reports results, issues, and concerns to the President and General Manager.
5) Participates in the investigations and negotiations pertaining to joint ventures, the acquisition of businesses, or the development of new market capability.
6) Delegates portions of activities, responsibilities, and authorities, as necessary and desirable, to operational managers and other staff. Ensures that the responsibilities, authorities and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood.
7) Promotes effective communications throughout the business segment.
8) Ensures that all business segment activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state and federal regulations and laws governing business operations.
9) Represents the company as appropriate in its relationship with customers, employees, competitors, suppliers, government agencies, community organizations, professional societies and similar groups.
10) Provide business element strategic planning to include; (1) sales, marketing, and profit objectives; (2) indirect cost management; (3) facility operations; and (4) employee compensation objectives.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
15years of progressive management experience; and excellent communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills required.
Must be articulate with executive presence, creative and forward-looking, clear thinker and decision maker, change agent, and have a track record of continuing education.
Position generally requires extensive travel.
Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
Due to the nature of the work, US Citizenship is required
Masters degree and experience in a government contracting environment preferred.
Requisition/Vacancy No. 186987BR