A day in the life…
As an engineering leader in the Digital Content and Acquisition organization, you will be responsible for mentoring a team of engineers on the "Digital Origins" team. "Digital Origins" supports the creation of digital media in our studios and creative locations through the use of our proprietary Studio Asset Management tooling. The right candidate will be technical enough to advice on architecture, understand the pros and cons of PHP, Java, AWS, relational and non-relational databases, as well as mentor a team of technologists. In other words, equal parts technical acumen and people leadership is required.
- Develop engineering talent and provide career growth opportunities for team.
- Provide complete lifecycle engineeringsupport of our studio asset management platform.
- Collaborate with product and program management on defining technical roadmap, and defining a future technical strategy for the team.
- Assists in debugging production incidents.
- Effectively communicate (both verbal and written) with stakeholders and leadership.
- Provide clarity and direction to team; translating vision to actionable steps.
- Drives data-driven decision for self and team.
- Hire top talent and foster a positive engineering culture.
You own this if you have…
- Critical problem solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 8+ years of industry experience, minimum 2years managing a software development team.
- Demonstrated success in leading team to deliver scalable and distributed services.
- Strong technical capabilities; proficiency in Node.js, OO Design, NOSQL, in a Unix based Cloud environment. We are moving to Google Cloud.