Job ID : 74840BR
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
This a remote role that can be based anywhere (Domestic and International travel is required and could be up to 75% as needed). Candidates will preferably live on the East Coast or Midwest.
What will you do?
- Develop product strategies/new product development partnering with current product management and R&D
- Communicate with global Thermo Fisher engineering team members to develop new products
- Confirm all system configurations, specifications and acceptance conditions are appropriate for product families
- Manage system demonstrations by working closely with application engineers and product marketing managers
- Manage the pricing structure for sales booking process
- Initiate/ identify/create new opportunities, schedule product seminars and workshops, coordinate demonstrations with hardware and software applications engineering team, and grow the gauging sales opportunity pipeline globally
- Proper deployment and execution of the defined Annual Business Plan to develop and execute on a Gauging OEM Win Strategy
- Deliver bookings and revenue for gauging products consistent with allocated quarterly target/ yearly budget
- Represent gauging business at high level meetings and marketing events with customers at the maintenance, technical user and at management level
- Develop and maintain relationships with leaders in the gauging industry
- Support the full sales cycle for gauging solutions, including making initial contact, providing technical expertise through sales presentations and demonstration
- Manage product issues in the field by working closely with the Account service group and application engineers for solutions
- Work with Gauging Service to achieve excellent customer satisfaction
- Assess key performance metrics of Gauging value proposition to align with gauging customer success standards
- Provide regular feedback/assessment of gauging market requirements for manufacturing globally
- Other duties as assigned
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (software, electrical, chemical, mechanical, industrial) or technical fields (metallurgy, physics, materials science)
- 5 years of extensive experience in a relevant technical sales environment, specific experience in industrial sales, marketing or corresponding large scale capital equipment sales
- Highly developed negotiation skills for customer interaction and closure of sales and other issues
- Excellent command of CRM (Microsoft, Salesforce) to generate key updates to pipeline deliverables
- Previous employment in or servicing a gauging company is preferred
- Experience working with metals or plastics company purchasing department and procedures is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively interact at a senior executive level
- Demonstrated ability to develop deep customer relationships and credibility, to gain insight into customers’ requirements
- Fosters a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company modeling the company 4i values
- Builds a great working environment for the employees
- Attracts, develops, retains, and motivates the talent needed to be a world class, high performing team
- Ability to travel both domestically as well as internationally and possession of a valid passport
- Travel requirement depends on candidate’s location; travel up to 75% may be required
- Creativity and innovation
- Planning and Organization
- Attention to details and results
- Business acumen
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.