Merchants Metals is searching for a dynamic, sales and operations-focused candidate to become a General Manager/Service Center Manager within our National Distribution network. In this critical role, you will direct and manage all facility operations with responsibilities for safety, sales, transactional quality, inventory accuracy, customer service, facility maintenance, employee relations, and productivity.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and maintain thorough training, inspection, corrective action and tone focusing on a safe work environment.
- Understand, promote, adopt, and lead the business' overall 80/20 philosophy at the Service Center level.
- Consistently recruit, mentor and develop new and existing talent through engaging leadership.
- Elaborate and implement strategies for the development of the Service Center focusing on the achievement of local, regional, and organizational goals
- Direct and manage facility operations for sales, customer service, transaction quality, inventory accuracy, facility maintenance, pick, pack, load and logistics.
- Coordinate and measure daily facility activities and functions to ensure defined customer service and transaction accuracy metrics are achieved.
- Total P&L responsibility. Develop and control profits, plans, and budget.
- Develop and maintain key customer relationships.
- Maintain accurate and current data files for all SKU's including pricing, stocking levels and re-order logic.
- Create process maps, establish and drive compliance to internal Standard Operating Procedures.
- Measure performance using metrics against pre-defined goals in areas such as safety, transaction accuracy, inventory accuracy, equipment inspection and PM, and all other administrative areas.
- Resolve issues within the paper/product/material flow and implement procedures to ensure that transactions flow accurately 100% of the time.
- Foster alignment with Functional Support Departments.
- Ensure proper stocking, movement, and loading of material.
- Perform or oversee all administrative duties including but not limited to facility and equipment maintenance and repair, OSHA requirements, control of fuel and P-card purchases.
- Coordinate with functional support departments to drive profitable sales, ensure an efficient and supportive supply chain, develop a productive work-force, and maintain financial accounting integrity.
- Manage equipment and capital asset maintenance.
- Control and minimize labor overtime, premium freight and repair expenses but never at the expense of safety.
- Make sure each day's transactions are updated in the system the day during which they occur.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Bachelor's degree and/or 5+ years of management experience in a distribution and services related environment.
- Prior success in sales, sales management and/or customer service with supervisory experience over a team of 4 or more employees.
- Extensive P&L experience
- Experience mentoring/training/developing lower level employees/cross-training
- Conflict resolution/Employee relations experience
- Relevant industry sales experiencerequired (lumber, metal, construction products, plumbing services)
- Operations management background preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be able/willing to travel locally during the business day and overnight periodically.
- Must be able to periodically sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.