Boart Longyear is hiring a new Global Leader of Total Rewards. The Global Leader of Total Rewards plays an integral role in the success of the HR Department and will partner with all of the functions and business units to provide best-in-class service to our global teams. A successful candidate will possess strong internal collaboration skills and excel at project management. The role requires strategic planning, technical proficiency, and strong analytical skills.
This position is responsible for managing the roles of Global Compensation, Global Benefits, Global Mobility, Rewards & Recognition, and Performance Management programs for an international Mining & Metals company operating in approximately 20 countries. This position reports to the VP of Human Resources and supervises the Global Compensation & Benefits Manager.
About Boart Longyear
Established in 1890, Boart Longyear is the world's leading provider of drilling services, drilling equipment and performance tooling for mining and drilling companies. It also has a substantial presence in aftermarket parts and service, energy, mine de-watering, oil sands exploration, production drilling, and down-hole instrumentation.
Boart Longyear is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, and listed on the Australian Securities Exchange in Sydney, Australia (ASX:BLY). More information about Boart Longyear can be found at . To get Boart Longyear news direct, follow us on , and .
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Human Resources or Business-related field
- Master's Degree in related field preferred
- CCP or CEBS is a plus, but not required if commensurate experience can be demonstrated
- 5-8 years of progressive experience in Human Resources, with an emphasis in Global Compensation and Benefits, including global and regional compensation practices, incentive plan design and implementation, pension & retirement strategies, and Benefits plan design
- Proven experience in managing Performance Management systems and Rewards & Recognition programs
- Previous or current experiencepartnering with IT function pursuant to optimizing HRIS systems and programs that support business operations and reporting
- Manage global compensation plan design, including long-term incentives, annual bonus plan calculation and design, field- and plant-level bonus plan calculations, annual salary planning and grade / range movement, and overall compensation philosophy
- Manage global benefits plan design and cost sharing analysis in all countries and manage local administration of plans for the United States, including enrollment, eligibility, cost audits, annual plan design changes, and program improvements.
- Manage pension programs for 4 countries, including the US and Canada, responsible for annual review of program investments and derisking strategies
- Manage global online rewards & recognition program, including years-of-service, performance awards, and special achievement programs.
- Direct and manage global online Performance Management process, including training, communication, reporting, and annual program improvements.
- Partner with IT / HRIS function to produce, manage, and optimize all HR Systems, including recruiting and performance management, among others.
- Manage the logistics and compliance for global expatriate assignments in over 10 countries
- Manage global mobility compliance initiatives, including tax, immigration, and contracts
- Partner with Operations, HR, Payroll, Legal, Tax, and other departments to globally to deliver consistent global mobility programs, policies and services
- Manage global tax & immigration partners, including cost and efficiency reviews
- Manage global immigration procedures and all cross-border work authorization processes
- Other duties as needed
Perks, Benefits and Compensation:
We know that talented people are attracted to companies with long term success, an amazing culture. We also know you want a company that provides competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and outstanding career advancement opportunities. If hired you can expect;
- Strong compensation plan
- Full medical benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Fun and relaxed work environment with all the free coffee you can drink
*All new hires must pass a pre-employment background check and drug test*
Boart Longyear does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Boart Longyear does business.