Our story starts with a simple universal truth: Every business is a people business. Our people are our greatest assets at Alight Solutions because People Matter! We strive for Excellence Every Day by collaborating with our clients and colleagues. At Alight, we Think Forward and we Act Now to shape the future of work and life for organizations, people and their families! Alight has 25 years of industry experience. Our success is fueled by the expertise of our people, and the strength of our proprietary and partner technology. Come join the leading technology-enabled HR and benefits service provider. Be Real with Alight and help us reimagine how people and organizations thrive.
As a Project Manager, a typical day might include the following:
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques in order to keep the project plan accurate, updated, and reflective of authorized project changes as defined in the change management plan and facilitate customer acceptance.
- Manage execution of the tasks as defined in the project plan in order to achieve the project goals.
- Ensure a common understanding by setting expectations in accordance with the Project Plan, in order to align the stakeholders and team members.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques in order to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, perform any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
- Recommend and Implement the approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project riskevents in order to minimize the impact of the risks on the project.
- Conduct a kick-off meeting with all key stakeholders in order to announce the start of the project and review the overall project plan and gain consensus.
- Document high-level risks, assumptions, and constraints using historical data and expert judgment in order to understand project limitations.
- Communicates information and ideas in speaking and writing so others will understand.
- Inspires loyalty and trust, handles oneself ethically following core values and beliefs.
- Recognizes contributions and praises people for a job well done.
- Builds mutual trust and encourages respect and cooperation among team members.
- Champions best practices and adherence to project management methodology.
- Manages multiple projects at the same time.
Knowledge & Experience
- 3-6 years project management experience
- 8+ years of professional work experience
- Experience communicating effectively with high levels of management and direct client contact
- Experience with software methodology development processes
- Ability to create presentations and write business cases for senior leadership
- Ability to work under tight deadlines managing multiple key business priorities
- Project budgeting/costing expertise
- Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of work situations
- Technical Skills
- Strong experience with MS Project as the primary tool for day-to-day project schedule management
- Physical Work Conditions
Virtual, or office work environment
% travel dependent on project assignment/client location; plan for 10-20% on average.
Formal Education & Certification
Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent work experiencerequired
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or working toward certification within 12 months