AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Environment, Health& Safety (EHS) Manager for immediate employment for the NYC, NY office to develop and manage EHS consulting services and initiatives in support of various client services.
Projects may include providing environment, health and safety services to various clients. EHS services include EHS compliance audits, hazardous material survey (asbestos and lead) programs, development of abatement plans, environmental site assessments, environmental compliance monitoring, preparation of technical reports, and corresponding with state regulatory agencies on behalf of clients.
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture, and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, those listed below:
- Business development activities to market EHS services to clients
- Experience in conducting EHS audits, indoor air quality, health & safety consulting, Process Safety Auditing, and industrial hygiene services
- Participate in large, specialized, complex project or multiple projects
- Conducting Health and Safety audits in general industry as well as at construction sites
- Preparing/updating health and safety documents associated with various OSHA programs
- Monitoring and prevention of hazards and diseases that could be found in the work area
- Investigating accidents, injuries and complaints concerning hazards and productivity in the workplace
- Planning and conducting employee Health and Safety training and emergency preparedness
- Maintaining adequate records of pertinent data and compiling required reports on individual job occupational injury and illness experience
- Providing support in the development, coordination and implementation of industrial hygiene programs
- Performing environmental sampling and testing of water, soil and air
- Conducting Phase I Environmental Site Assessments and preparing compliance reports
- Inspecting industrial and municipal facilities and programs to evaluate operational effectiveness and ensure compliance with environmental regulations
- Preparing, reviewing, and updating of environmental investigation and recommendation reports
- Providing technical assistance to office and field operations to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and/or Company environmental, safety and health regulations
- May be responsible for multiple Health & Safety duties on a small project or as a specialist on larger projects
- The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those stated above
- Market, sell and manage asbestos and lead survey and monitoring services
- Evaluate existing engineering controls and personal protective equipment to recommend solutions to minimize worker exposure
- Conduct safety walk-through surveys in industrial and shop area develop prioritized sampling and analysis plan based on observed health hazards and site conceptual models
- Oversee routine and non-routine IH and environmental compliance related sampling and analysis
- Evaluate IH and environmental monitoring plans and reports for completeness, appropriateness and accuracy
- Write reports summarizing the results of sampling activities
- Develop and conduct basic shop-level training &/or sample results presentation
- Implement policies and procedures to assure awareness of and compliance with health and safety requirements of clients, as well as AECOM
- May develop and conduct employee field /industrial safety and emergency preparedness training
- Development of junior staff and career advancement support, including hiring additional staff to support the H&S program as necessary
- Support business development and the current EH&S services being implemented at the client site
- Interface and network with clients and local contractor community organizations
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in safety, industrial hygiene, science or engineering
- 8+ years of relevant experience including Health & Safety, IH or environmental assessment (exposure)
- Proven abilities in the area of Client Relations and Business Development.
- Experienced in compliance OSHA regulations at 29 CFR 1910 and construction safety at 29 CFR 1926 regulations
- Be current with existing and proposed changes in US occupational health and safety regulations
- Ability to work directly with clients, understand their expectations and meet project requirements
- Solid experience mentoring junior IH/IH techs
- Experience that demonstrates solid background in industrial hygiene concepts, principles, and practices to evaluate physical and chemical hazards such as noise, heavy equipment, construction, ventilation, VOCs, metal fumes
- Must be a “seller doer” responsible for growing the EHS compliance services business in the New York City Metro region.
- Ability utilizing and calibrating industrial hygiene measurement equipment such as personal sampling pumps, anemometers, vibration analyzers and IAQ monitors to evaluate chemical/physical stresses in the field
- Possess thorough worksite hazard assessment and documentation skills coupled with solid technical writing ability
- Ability carry out routine and non-routine IH surveys
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
- Must have Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) credentials
- Strong knowledge of federal, state and local regulations to include OSHA, EPA, NYCDEP, DEC, and NJDEP regulations is required.
- Due to the nature of the work, US Citizenship is required
- Proficiency in the areas of environmental compliance air, water and waste;
- Proficiency in construction, occupational and process safety
- Critical thinking, communication skills, and problem solving abilities
- Awareness of project management techniques and budgeting skills.
- Experience working with Federal, State, and/or Local regulatory agency personnel on the implementation of waste management programs
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.