The Human Resources Manager is responsible for matters pertaining to many aspects of human resources management to include, but not limited to, employee relations, performance, development, compliance with government regulations and other employee engagement initiatives. They will administer, recommend and develop human resource policies and practices, which will provide a balanced and consistent program throughout the company and remain in alignment with the business and growth objectives of the organization.
- Develop and administer Human Resource policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local labor laws and regulations to ensure fairness and consistency throughout the organization.
- Create, develop and deliver training for employees regarding compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Plan, organize and manage activities of the department. Participate in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Provide advice and counsel to management and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures, and practices.
- Investigate and partner with legal counsel to coordinate company?s response to employment claims
- Oversee the HR and Operations team?s internal investigation practices and coordinate response to local, state, federal agency requests for information.
- Monitor and support union contract administration to ensure agreements and programs are executed per the contracts.
- Oversee unemployment claims administration.
- Manage various human resource initiatives such as exit interviews, compliance posters, maintaining human resource files and other programs supported by the department.
- Manage human resource vendor relationships while monitoring compliance, execution and development of services provided to the company.
- Conduct investigations in employee relations matters and provide coaching, counseling, training and guidance to managers and employees.
- Monitor leave of absence requests including Family Medical Leave, disability and personal leaves while ensuring compliance under FMLA, ADAA, and other regulations.
- Lead the development and execution of performance management for employees.
- Develop new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and company.
- A Bachelor?s degreerequired, SHRM or HRCI certification preferred.
- 7+ years of Human Resource experiencerequired including: employee relations, policy/procedure, compliance and HRIS.
- 3+ years of experience in a Management or Leadership role.
- Industry experience in customer service-oriented environment is preferred including, hospitality, restaurant, retail, hotel, insurance, real estate, etc.
- Experience in HRIS and payroll systems required.
- Experience with unions is preferred.
- Must have demonstrated experience with leading internal investigations and implementing outcomes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state and federal employment laws and general business practices.
- Ability to understand projects from a strategic and tactical perspective.
- Proven history of establishing strong work relationships with internal management team is required.