POSITION TITLE: Human Resources Business Partner
REPORTING TO: Vice President Human Resources, North America Consumer Products & Graphic
LOCATION: Charlotte, NC
BIC's founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed BIC needed hands-on employees who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role on a team.
Today, BIC® offers more than 9,000 employees, based in over 50 countries, the opportunity to invent our future while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our employees' development and encourage those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter and the one-piece disposable men's & women's shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries. As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team.
As a key member of the BIC Carolinas Supply Chain and Operations Leadership Team, the Human Resources Manager partners with leadership to drive performance and continued enhancement of the organization's culture and capability across three locations: a manufacturing location in Gaffney, SC, and packaging and distributionlocations in Charlotte, NC.
· The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for providing direct comprehensive human resource leadership and service to the North America Consumer Products Division (USA and Canada). The manager should have the clarity of vision to continuously improve the human resource processes, policies, people and structure.
· The HRBP will be a key member of BIC's human resource team and will participate in ensuring that the human resources policies, practices and programs support the business strategy, management principles, shared values, legal commitments, culture and philosophy.
· The HRBP must be simultaneously a good strategist, a superb manager of projects and a straight-forward and results oriented implementer. The HRBP must be able to connect the "art" of human resources with the science; business consulting and technical skills; pragmatism and rigor; innovation and execution; business breadth and significant content depth.
· The HRBP must be able to articulate the delivery of human resources strategies and goals in a way that creates commitment.
· The HRBP must be able to sustain a human resource function that is proactive, results oriented, operates with a sense of urgency, strategic and is viewed as expert, competent and effective.
· The HRBP must be able to be successful in a matrix structure and must be effective at building consensus and collaboration.
· The HRBP will provide leadership, guidance, coaching, and mentoring to develop a nimble human resources team. He/she will ensure that core competencies are in place for the human resource team to be effective business partners.
· The HRBP will be well informed regarding local, State and Federal laws, and if necessary, will represent the company with the appropriate agencies.
· The HRBP is responsible for the full spectrum of human resources services and programs specific to North America Consumer Products while concurrently collaborating with the management team and human resource shared services.
· Talent Acquisition- This includes recruiting the best talent and building a talent pipeline. The HRBP will champion the mindset that talent is a key differentiator.
· Leadership Development- This includes partnering with the management team around evaluating the key competencies that enable leaders to perform current and future roles that support the business strategy. It also includes supporting an environment where superb leadership represents a clear and strong value proposition for both the individual and the business.
· Talent Management/Development: This includes partnering with the management team around manpower forecasting, formal and informal performance appraisals and other assessment tools, competency modeling, succession planning and the early identification of high potential management. Assist managers with the construction of specific and measurable development plans for existing talents
· Organizational Consulting: This includes partnering with the management team on a broad range of projects including, but not limited to organizational design and development, re-engineering process mapping, strategy and performance improvement, and employee engagement.
· Change Management: This includes building the organizational capability to discern the need for change, assimilate change and assure the appropriate sponsorship for change. Specifically, it means driving the culture toward one of performance and accountability.
· Compensation and Benefits: This includes having a working knowledge of compensation and benefits, practices, policies and strategies ensuring that company practices are maintained.
· Training and Development: This includes collaboration with the Training and Development Manager around the design, development , and delivery of values added training that meets the client's needs.
· Employee Relations/Labor Relations: This includes consulting with the management team, the HR staff and the Legal team to identify, analyze and monitor employee/labor relations issues and trends. This also includes consulting with managers and employees regarding questions or issues and recommending an appropriate course of action to address employee relations issues. Must also have knowledge of union avoidance practices.
· Metrics, Analysis and Action: This includes analyzing workforce metrics (turnover, retention, diversity, hiring, etc) to determine necessary action plans and to execute appropriately.
· Diversity: This includes communication and practicing diversity and inclusion as a core enterprise wide value. Must be knowledgeable in Affirmative Action requirements and plans.
· Employee Engagement: This includes evaluating Employee Engagement Survey Results and working with the local teams on the design and execution of action plans to address key areas of opportunity. This also includes ensuring that engagement is based on an articulated employee value proposition that is aligned with the business plans and the company values.
· Communication: This includes assisting in the development of organizational communication initiatives.
· Other: Work on special projects as required
· Manages, coaches and develops staff for the continued success of the organization.
The HRBP will be "hands on" and build credibility for the human resources function.
The HRBP will develop effective and valuable solutions to issues and create "wins" in some measurable form.
The HRBP should be viewed as a domain expert and is effective and vital to the BIC North America Consumer Products business strategy.
The HRBP shall support an atmosphere of collaboration, teamwork, and trust resulting in a workforce that is engaged, energized and enthusiastic.
The HRBP will build relationships across the organization from the floor to senior management
The HRBP will develop leaders who possess significant enhanced people management skills which include:
· The ability to communicate and advocate the business values and objectives in a clear and optimistic way
· The ability to make sound, fact based decisions around people, especially who goes into what role
· The ability to provide frequent and better performance feedback and development guidance
· The ability to focus on critical skill gaps that jeopardize current or future business success
The HRBP will increase North America Consumer Products' competitive advantage by improving organizational and individual effectiveness.
The HRBP will support the enterprise philosophy of an innovative, customer focused, performance culture that is externally competitive and internally team oriented.
KEY TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
· Quickly establishes creditability as a Human Resources Business Partner and maintains strong working relationship with internal customers
· Performs assessments and diagnosis consulting on organizational/individual issues impacting business results and collaboratively develops and implements effective solutions.
· Continuously seeks out best practices and new ideas in order to bring fresh cutting edge and stimulating approaches to the North America Consumer business
· Contributes to Division and Group projects at very high levels of complexity
· Must have business savvy and can work well with all key business functions. Can clearly, maintain a broad perspective and understanding of North America Consumer Products operations.
· Can work as part of a matrix. Must be effective in influencing others. Built consensus in a number of contexts (e.g.: setting priorities, formulating strategies, designing solutions, allocating resources) and works with and through others to accomplish objectives. Emphasis on collaboration and creating "win–win" solutions and commitments.
· Able to allocate resources: is able to achieve bottom line accountability
· Must establish strong relationship with internal customers and is perceived as a valuable member of the customer's decision making team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· An advanced degree in business, human resources or social sciences
· A minimum of 5 to 7 years of progressive human resources experience as a well-rounded human resources generalist
· Working history that includes experience with a world-class, totally integrated sales / marketing / manufacturing/supply chain organization. Experience in both union and nonunion work environments
· A demonstrated willingness to "roll up one's sleeves" and be "hands on"
· Experience with establishing human resource metrics and measures aligned to the business