- Identify and evaluate the organization’s technologyrisk areas and provide key input to the development of the internal audit plan.
- Oversee primarily technologyaudit projects and internal technologyaudit engagements of various complexities from planning to communication of results, organizing work, and supervising audit leads and teams of varying sizes.
- Oversee and support the execution of audit engagements, including the following: Defining audit scope, performing risk and control analysis, designing audit programs, conducting interviews, developing and administering surveys and/or benchmarking, collecting and analyzing evidence, documenting processes and procedures, developing work papers, performing root cause analysis, and composing audit memos.
- Supportaudit teams in identifying, developing, and documenting audit issues and recommendations for improvement using independent judgment over areas reviewed, and performing follow-ups on management action plans in response to previously identified audit issues.
- Adhering to IIA and Nordstrom Internal Audit professional practice standards to ensure quality of planning and delivery of audit engagements.
- Oversee, lead or participate on additional special projects as assigned byaudit leadership.
Leadership and Communication
- Inspire and guide direct reports, project team and individuals on the team by emulating high performance, building trust and commitment while exercising a growth mindset, and driving results through acting as a role model.
- Communicate or assist in communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations on a timely basis to management and the Board of Directors.
- Develop and maintain productive team-oriented client and co-worker relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Provide or assist in providing training, coaching, and guidance to Nordstrom Management when conducting audits and otheraudit-related engagements.
- Provide or assist in providing training, coaching, and guidance to direct reports and other co-workers on areas of expertise or experience.
- Set clear performance standards for team members, monitor and address staff performance and workload. Assist with hiring and evaluating staff performance,
- Provide career coaching and development opportunities to direct reports. Identify employee strengths and deploy resources to maximize department output. Align talent with key work areas of focus.
- Advocate Nordstrom internal audit function and its value on organizational project teams, at management meetings, and with external organizations.
- Challenge the norm and seek new ways of working towards goals. Initiate, manage and cope with changes.
- Pursue professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships and certifications, and share information gained with co-workers.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferably in information systems, computer science, engineering or other related Technology field. Equivalent experience may be substituted for this requirement.
- A graduate degree in business administration or related field, or a certification/degree in a specialty field related to Technology (e.g., CISA, or CISSP, or CISM etc, Technologyauditing, computer science) Equivalent experience may be substituted for this requirement
- At least 10 years of full-time experience in technologyauditing (business operational auditing is a plus), or otheraudit or advisory roles, such as consulting, business analysis, quality assurance, program evaluation, or public accounting with an emphasis in technology. For those without an audit or consulting background, we are seeking individuals with 10 or more years of full-time experience in Technology such as Information Security, Systems Development, technology Service Delivery, Project Management, Quality Control, IT Infrastructure, IT Operations, IT Processes, IT Governance, Database Management, or Network.) obtained within Nordstrom, or in otherretail environments, or large multichannelinternational organizations. All candidates should possess a minimum of 2years of supervisory or project management experience.
- Minimum 2years of people management experience supervising direct reports
Must also have the following demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of and skill in applying technologyauditing principles including IT Controls Framework, COBIT, ISO, NIST, SANS, or Global TechnologyAudit Guides (GTAG)
- Knowledge of or ability to learn/use the IIA Standards and Code of Ethics.
- Knowledge of management information system terminology, concepts, and practices.
- Knowledge of contemporaryrisk management and control techniques and control frameworks.
- Knowledge of industry programs, policies, procedures, regulations, and laws.
- Familiarity with the common indicators of fraud.
- Understanding of technology Strategic Risks, IT Governance, IT Infrastructure, Information Security and Enterprise Architecture.
- Ability to perform assessments for Retail and Credit Card Applications such as Merchandising, POS, Inventory, or Card Processing.
- Ability to review DevOps, Waterfall, Agile, Rapid Application Develop, and Proof of Concept software development methodologies.
- Ability to perform reviews of Operating Systems, Network, Database, web and ERP applications such as Oracle.
- Understanding of open source technologies and cloud architectures and risks
- Skill in conducting work quality control reviews.
- Considerable computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet, PowerPoint, systems documentation, audit and data analysis packages, and other business software to prepare workpapers, reports, memos, summaries, and analyses.
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Ability to learn and apply complex and varied techniques (Six Sigma, statistical sampling, operational research, business process analysis modeling, etc.)
- Ability to absorb and understand a large amount of information in various areas (finance, accounting, technology, legal, human resources, governance, risk, control, operations, retail, banking, etc…).
- Considerable skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations for improvement.
- Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, department members, and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Ability to nurture instrumental relationships, working withothers toward shared goals.
- Critical thinking capability to gather relevant information, perform detailed analysis and develop well-reasoned conclusions and solutions.
- Ability to consciously exploit new ideas or reinvent ideas to provide new solutions.
- Customer focused mindset, providing amazing customer experiences, both internally and externally.