About the Company
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organizations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a black box they can't understand. ThousandEyes gives organizations visibility into the now borderless network, arming them with an accurate understanding of how the network impacts their applications, users and customers. ThousandEyes is used by some of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including all of the top 5 global software companies, 5 of the top 6 US banks, and 45 of the Fortune 500. ThousandEyes is backed by Sequoia Capital, Sutter Hill Ventures, Tenaya Capital, Google Ventures and Salesforce Ventures, with headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
About the Role
The Major Account Manager (MAM) will manage the sales process and drive key relationships within an assigned list of key accounts (of significant importance to the organization). This is a strategic sales position requiring an in-depth knowledge of how technology is used to enable business goals or overcome business challenges. The MAM must combine excellent sales ability and consultative skills with a foundational understanding of advanced and emerging technologies.
The successful individual must be highly organized with an entrepreneurial mindset. The position requires strategic thinking/planning coupled with tactical execution of identified business opportunities. The individual must be able to adept and be thorough in delivering sales presentations, quarterly business reviews, onsite visits, and product demonstrations to key accounts. The MAM will foster mutually beneficial relationships at strategic levels with ThousandEyes customers and partners in a consistent, effective and professional manner.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed quarterly / yearly bookings targets, while delivering consistent and reliable forecasting
- Develop and execute a comprehensive account strategy for the assigned key accounts
- Accelerate new customer acquisition and upsell growth in existing accounts, while maintaining an accurate sales pipeline
- Work closely with customers and channel partners to drive market adoption of ThousandEyes solutions
- Manage pricing discussions and contract negotiations
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with enterprise customers
- Responsible for complete and accurate on-going maintenance of accounts, forecasts, proposals, and account activity in Salesforce.com
- Relentlessly ensure customer success
- Moderate travel (50%)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 8 years of sales territory management experience working for a technology vendor selling enterprise software to network buyers. SaaS sales experience a plus
- A demonstrated track record of consistently maintaining current spend levels and exceeding quota selling to a select list of accounts
- Advanced client interfacing and customer-focused approach
- Self-motivated, able to problem solve and work with limited direction
- Demonstrate Leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must be comfortable working in a start-up environment, where everyone must have the “roll up your sleeves” and get it done attitude
- BS/BA degreepreferred