The Manufacturing Manager will be responsible for partnering with the General Manager in leading the Lynchburg plant to meet organizational goals and provide proven, positive, leadership experience to the team. We are looking for an individual who will foster a culture of inclusion and diversity with goals of progressing into a higher leadership role within the next 1-2 years.
Strategy Development and Delivery
- Build productive and constructive relationships with the operations team and business units to deliver bottom line results.
- Lead the development of a clear vision and strategy with the Lynchburg manufacturing organization including the identification and implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Lead the optimization of the Lynchburg facility through collaboration with Engineering Sourcing Supply Chain and New Product Development.
Operational Metrics Achievement
- Continue to establish a culture of world class environmental compliance health and safety through the use of a behavior based safety system.
- Establish a culture and process to facilitate and implement continuous quality service and cost improvement.
- Manage the plant manufacturing operations to ensure excellent quality and delivery performance.
- Manage the plant financial performance including the review and approval of monthly financial forecasts quality forecasts and staffing levels.
- Develop and analyze value stream maps in the plant identify opportunities and eliminate non-value added to reduce year over year costs increase flow and reduce lead-time.
- Drive the identification and implementation of cost reductions and improvements.
- Develop the culture (people skills processes and systems) to create a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Develop excellent communications with internal and external customers associates and suppliers.
- Serve as a principal communicator and coach responsible for career development performance management and succession planning at Lynchburg.
- Bachelor’s degree is required preferably in Engineering; an advanced degree (MBA) is preferred.
- Minimum of 8years of experience in manufacturing/production management is required; experience in wood and cabinetry is preferred
- Strong understanding and application of plant Employee Health & Safety (EH&S) requirements
- Strong manufacturing background and experience in lean/six sigma techniques including: Inventory management Kanban Kaizen cycle time reduction flow manufacturing process variation reduction statistical methods etc.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead an organization and achieve excellent business results.
- Strong business acumen and working knowledge of business operations.
- Results-oriented with a commitment to safety quality service and customer satisfaction.
- Strong analytical skills and timely decision making ability.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a distributed organization.
- Proven leadership skills – team building collaborating presentation skills strategic and innovative thinker self-starter with a high energy level.