We are looking for Network Control Specialist for our client in Melbourne, FL
Job Title: Network Control Specialist
Job Location: Melbourne, FL
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- Provide technical support for large private communications network.
- Handle first line of support for customer and field calls into an operations center.
- Log calls and perform preliminary investigations into reported network issues.
- Create trouble tickets and initiate workflow for problem resolution.
- Monitor, analyze, and troubleshoot network problems within an operations center utilizing network management and monitoring tools.
- Employs various test methods used to remotely analyze fractional Enterprise Data networks including fractional T1; T1; fractional T3; T3; SONET; and RF.
- Interprets equipment alarms in the network on premise equipment or telco's network and move forward towards service restoration.
- Resolve problems using internal and external groups as needed to correct trouble on the network and interact with the customer.
- This position is part of a 24x7 network control environment. Shift and workday flexibility is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Telecommunications Engineering, Networking, Information Technology or related field, and 2 years of related experience.
- 4+ years of experience that requires physical layer and routed technologies experience.
- 4+ years of experiencenetworking technologies experience with Time Division Multiplexing (TDM), SONET, DS0, DS1, DS3.
- 4+ years of experience with Network Management systems and tools.
- 4+ years of experience in remote maintenance and repair of the following network equipment: Cisco, Eastern Research, APC, and Aviat.
- Must have ability to perform an initial evaluation of outages for potential operational impacts to our user community.
- Must have ability to perform root cause analysis to determine a plan of action for restoring customer's services
- The ideal candidate will be someone who can react to issues following documented processes and work with the customer and other levels of support to coordinate and resolve issues.
- Must be willing to work as part of a 24/7 team; shift work flexibility required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Previous experience in telecommunication call centers.
- Prior experiencerequired in maintaining high service levels in a demanding customer support services environment.
- Experience in UNIX and Remote Access solutions is a plus.
- Experience with call center phone systems and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to support short-term emergency evacuation to local or remote backup facilities.