Jeffrey is a fashion specialty retailer founded on a simple idea: offer each customer the best possible service, quality, value and selection. We are looking for an individual to provide specialized IT and administrative support. As an Operation manager you will work in partnership with other areas of Jeffrey to develop and support the business systems used at Jeffrey. When you join our team, you are welcomed into a company dedicated to creating memorable and rewarding shopping experiences for our customers. Responsibilities
- Oversee and direct cashier and receiving personnel on a daily basis, to resolve and/or instruct the staff on proper methods of receiving and transferring merchandise, completing point of sale and approval transactions, etc.
- Provide monthly reports to outside Accounting firm (including gift card liability, inter-store transfers, trunk show liabilities, salestax figures and gift/donation amounts)
- Research and reconcile any credit card/sales discrepancies resulting from daily deposits and/or the monthly bank reconciliation by outside Accounting personnel.
- Maintain and support ALL aspects of Celerant, our company’s point of sale system including – inventory management, approvals, transfers, RA’s, etc.
- Oversee and maintain the installation, troubleshooting, repair and support of PC’s, printers, copiers and network equipment and applications (Microsoft Office, Celerant, UPS Worldship, email, etc), promptly and accurately in both our NY and Atlanta locations. This includes accessing local application servers remotely during non-business hours to perform system maintenance and routine updates.
- Design, produce and maintain the functionality of all excel databases used in the corporate offices for store management, buyers, controller, etc. These include: salestax, receiver/invoice logs, deposit sheets, on hand inventory, monthly inventoryreports (both financial ending amounts and department unit totals) inventorysales history, sell thru, receiving history and approval reporting.
- Responsible for all aspects of our company’s physical inventories which includes – scheduling of dates, coordinating with outside scanning company to ensure accuracy, being on site during scanning to manage both outside and Jeffrey personnel, reconciling all inventories, and compiling of shrinkage results for stores and company.
- Oversee all major equipment purchases for the company including – computers, printers, copiers and other miscellaneous office equipment.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships by using your expertise to influence and collaborate with personnel and management in all stores.
- 3+ years of experienceworking with POS systems, inventory control.
- 3+ years of experiencesupporting Microsoft operating systems including but not limited to Microsoft Windows XP, Vista and Windows7.
- 1+ year of experience with general repair, installation and configuration knowledge of PC, mobile devices, printers and other peripheral devices
- Proficient to advanced skills in Office 2003 and 2007suites with in emphasis on Excel and word.
- Understanding of information security practices and the related impacts on Privacy
- Strong Project Management and organizational skills
- Ability to use critical thinking skills to proactively assess a project or process
- Ability to be flexible and deal with changing priorities
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong strategic planning abilities and critical thinking skills
- Ability to build strong relationship with peers and leadership