Arcadis is seeking an experienced Project Architect to join our Industrial Infrastructure team in Cleveland, OH or Toledo, OH.
This is an exciting growth opportunity for an experienced architect to join a growing team in one of the best-qualified consulting firms in the country. The Project Architect will work as part of a team responsible for the development of production drawings from schematics through construction document phases on a variety of construction projects within the Industrial Market Sector, including but not limited to Automotive, Chemical, Conglomerates, Life Science, Oil & Gas.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Communicating design ideas through the use of sketches, and computer design tools such as 3D modeling, AutoCAD, BIM (Revit), Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suites (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign).
- Managing small-to-mid scale projects.
- Negotiates critical and controversial issues with appropriate parties.
- Collaborates with other lead professionals to ensure design and documentation are in accordance with project expectations.
- Coordinates/leads the work of architecture and interior designer that complete design or production work, and construction documents.
- Developing designs in coordination with design leader requirements, specifications and goals.
- Ability to competently generate simple to moderately complex drawings, consolidate details from different sources, and develop plan and profile drawings as required.
- Ability to develop project specification using various specification programs or modifying master specifications.
- Work with Project Manager and Project Architect to prepare presentations and produce documents through to the construction phase.
- Assisting the project team during the construction by reviewing/processing/approving shop drawings and submitted material samples.
The successful candidate will have:
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written; skills to include public speaking, ability to communicate effectively as part of a team, and preparation/development of technical documents.
- Solid working knowledge of building codes
- Solid working knowledge of LEED Design requirements
- Ability to travel on a regular basis within North America.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, primarily Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience in AutoCAD and Revit, design software.
- Health and safety focus.
- Ability to pass background checks and drug screening.
- Bachelor of Architecture degree
- 10+ years of experience in supporting the standardization of BIM models and architectural documentation
- Hold an NCARB Certificate
- Licensed Registered Architect or able to complete within 1 year of hire
Required Driving Statement
This position requires a current valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- 15+ Experience Industrial Architectural or related field experience
- Industrial, Workplace, retail, data center experience
- LEED AP
Why Choose Arcadis
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.