A Regional Sales Manager is responsible for the performance of their respective territory. Our goal is to be the Preferred Supplier in our size range for all of the markets we serve. We will obtain our goal by having the best “on-time” delivery and customer service group in the industry. This position will proactively work in conjunction with the Inside Sales Team to keep the customer apprised of their orders and Mill Schedules.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Effectively communicate detailed timely information on the products and services provided by the company to our customers in a positive and informative manner.
• Demonstrate skill in all phases of the sales cycle including prospecting, acquiring, identifying and qualifying customers.
• Maintain calendar and preparing weekly sales and expense reports.
• Available to travel three weeks per month for customer sales calls.
• Attain shipping goals with respect to Business Plan.
• Provide accurate and timely shipping forecasts.
• Continue to build new customer relationships and develop and enhance existing ones.
• Maintain professionalism and diplomacy.
Experience and Skill Requirements
• Minimum of five years’ experience in steel related sales.
• Proficient at gathering market intelligence along with negotiating, closing and follow up sales orders.
• Excellent Customer Service and both verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to Multi-task in a face paced environment with shifting priorities.
• Proficient level of computer skills; MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
• Decision making and problem resolution skills.
• Good organizational and time management skills.
• Should be honest, ethical, dedicated and dependable.
Bachelor’s Degree required.