- Works with all division management and related support departments to ensure customer service needs are met or exceeded.
- Represents Company at trade shows and other professional activities.
- Develops and maintains strong client relationships with OEM customers and may or may not have distributor accounts while meeting position objectives.
- Ensures products are specified to maintain and increase revenue by prioritizing the opportunities on an account-by-account basis to obtain optimum sales and margin results.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive technical knowledge of group/divisional products, applications, features, advantages and benefits.
- Keeps current with internal and external training and development.
- Obtains specifications and approvals at engineering firms, major accounts and/or distributors assigned to develop increased sales opportunities and margins.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive knowledge of competitive products and their activity in the marketplace and provide reports on a regular and/or monthly basis.
- Keeps management aware of changes that would affect the distribution of products. Participates in the development and implementation of appropriate response strategies.
Assists the divisions in planning strategy to provide the products and service required for their assigned accounts.
- A Bachelordegree is required…An Engineering or Technical degree is preferred.
- 3+ of experience in direct and/or distributor sales of industrial products.
- Must come from a manufactured component sold to a diverse group of applications…Equipment, Automotive, Aerospace, Paper, Chemical, Oil & Gas, etc.
- Must demonstrate a technical aptitude…Experience or understanding of hydraulic products and fluid flow would be ideal.
- Must have proven track record of success in sales.
- Ability to manage accounts, expand business within existing clients and develop new business from scratch.