AECOM is seeking a highly talented and experienced Senior Program Controls Manager for employment in the Austin area who has significant experience with managing and leading program controls (financials, budget, schedule) for capital improvement programs. This leadership position requires the technical skills to effectively manage and support the program management team in various different locations (all local), coordinating the work of the project and controls management team while delivering excellent customer service to the user groups, staff, and client leadership.
Duties may include:
- Prepare business process workflows, plans and detailed operating procedures for all project activities related to schedule and budget management
- Coordinate the informational needs of the organization so that the client’s and program management teams’ reporting requirements are being met
- Prepares scheduling and cost accounting reports for presentation during special meetings regular project review meetings
- Provide regular briefing to project managers and team on project financials, schedule status, issues, and concerns; keeps project managers informed daily of any issues that arise
- Monitor and manage the contract administration activities for the program team
- Determine scope definition requirements for the organization’s utilization of a change control and cost reporting system and oversee the technical and administrative efforts associated with optimizing the system’s configuration and deployment
- Review cost data and identify and acquire information needed to accurately interface between systems supporting the organization or specialty areas
- Supervise the enforcement of specific project codes of accounts and recommend appropriate modifications and revisions
- Identify/ define data sources and techniques for data acquisition and configuring the system to collect required data
- Lead efforts on reporting tools and systems to monitor data deviation to support management recommendations of corrective action for executive management consideration
- Establish operating policies to track risk items and contingency funding
- Supervise the preparation of cost/cash-flow data
- Provide detailed reference information as a basis for project management action or decision
- Perform data analysis, identify problems and make recommendations
- Manage support team members and resources for estimating, scheduling and document controls
- Responsible for the operation and reporting through the Management Information Systems database
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Business Management, Accounting or related discipline.
- 15+ years of directly related experience including a background in cost forecasting, cash flow management, scheduling and budget management
- Project management, construction management, project controls (cost and schedule), knowledge of Project/Program Management Information Systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Have and maintain a valid Texas driver’s license
- Experience with Program Management Information Software (PMIS) required
- Public entities program controls management experience required
- Detail oriented
- Experience kicking-off Programs/Projects for Controls and Financial tools
- Experience with implementation of Program Management Information software (PMIS) preferred
- Finance or accounting in construction background preferred
- Estimating or preconstruction services experience considered a plus, but not required
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employee's safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM's Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.