Digital transformation is at the heart of BBVA. It’s how we will achieve our purpose to bring the age of opportunity to everyone. Our purpose reflects the bank’s role as a facilitator, offering customers the best banking solutions, helping them make the best financial decisions and making a real difference to their lives. We live in the age of opportunities where technology offers universal access to education and offers many more people than ever before the possibility of embarking on projects and pursuing their dreams.
Are you a visionary? Are you revolutionary? Our Engineering teams are charged with reinventing the banking industry. We are revolutionizing how banking is done today and how it will be done in the future. Our team is made up of risk taking, intellectually curious, entrepreneurs who want to create the future of banking.
Learn more below.
What you will be doing.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Working with Lines of Business/Product Owners to determine needs and applying / customizing existing technology to meet those needs
- Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications
- Work with vendors for investigating application issues and achieving resolutions
- Provides technical support to project team members
- Manages code deployment processes for multiple applications
- Maintaining and supporting multiple projects and deadlines
- Recording work progress on a weekly basis
- Develop design documentation
- Participate in application deployment activities including user support during deployment
- Ability to complete all phases of software development life cycle including analysis, design, functionality, testing and support
- Ability to develop and maintain .Net applications
- Ability to develop and maintain Oracle and SQL DB interfacing applications
- Ability to work on multiple projects with multiple deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly with business users and project manager
- Ability to provide effective supporting application documentation
- Ability to estimate time and set deadlines
- Ability to interact with other teams in support of application enhancements and maintenance
What you will bring.
- Proven experience with Microsoft .NET technologies including, NET, ADO.NET
- Proven experience with SSRS Reporting
- Prefer experience with Unix systems and unix shell scripting
- Some experience with front end UI design preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years in backend software design in SQL Server 2008 / 2008 R2 or newer, Stored procedures, NET,VB.NET, C#
- Experience with code management tools and change control processes. Experience with CA Harvest a plus
- 3 - 5 years of actual experience in the workplace
- College or University degreepreferred
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Prefer experience in the financial services industry a plus.
Job ID 2018-118202