Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets – passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment – Dana provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distributionfacilities.
Title: Territory Sales Manager
Reports to: OEM Segment Sales Manager
Location: Gulf Coast USA (Mobile, AL to Houston, TX area) – Home Office
The Territory Sales and Service Manager is accountable for achieving the regional sales and profitability objectives established by Dana’s Off-Highway business unit leadership. This role will provide direction and leadership to the field regional staff while growing Dana’s industrial, mobile, and aftermarket repair business within the regional geography. Candidates for this position may be located anywhere in the Southeast portion of the U.S., but must be open to frequent travel to customers and Dana facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership for Dana’s internal and external customers in all assigned tasks, while upholding Dana’s core values at all times.
- Achieve the region’s revenue and profitability quotas for Dana Industrial, Mobile, and aftermarket repair business. Establish an environment and foundation for sustainable future sales growth. Sells and teaches others how to sell the Dana value proposition to Dana’s valued customers.
- Direct the selling activities within the region, inclusive of resource deployment and customer interactions. Prioritizes Dana resources effectively and in accordance with Dana’s corporate objectives.
- Efficiently manages Dana’s distributor relationships. Works in conjunction with the territory development and key account teams to ensure growth in defined key account segments.
- Leads the Sales Territory Representatives and Specialists, by inclusively managing sales performance, coaching, mentoring, hiring, and facilitating career development.
- Responsible for the region’s forecasting and sales tracking requirements in a timely and defined manner.
- Sets strategic vision for the region; develops and adheres to the approved business plan; and, accomplishes the growth initiatives that have been established in Dana’s annual budget process.
- Evaluates market trends and gathers competitive information, identify trends that can affect current and future growth of regional sales and profitability. Disseminates information to the Regional Sales Representatives, Marketing and Operations teams.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Ability to travel as required to accomplish the objectives and requirements of the territory.
- Empowered to make decisions within the region and on behalf of the region with authority to make cross functional decisions in partnership with other Dana leadership team members.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Supervisory or management experience, preferably of a sales staff.
- Working knowledge of the Gear Reducers and Power Transmission Industry.
- Demonstrated record of individual and TEAM achievements in prior sales positions.
- Strong closing skills. Formal sales training courses a plus.
- Proven oral, written, telephone and presentation skills. Strong interpersonal skills ARE A MUST.
- Ability to learn and retain product specific information and utilize to position the features and benefits to customers’ needs.
- Knowledge of reducer repair process and alternatives.
- Computer literate with knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in management or engineering preferred, but a minimum of five years’ experience in field sales will be considered.