Job ID: 259591
St. Vincent’s HealthCare, part of Ascension, is a faith-based, not-for-profit health system that has served the people of Jacksonville, Florida and the surrounding communities since 1873. From its humble beginning to its current status as a regional healthcare system, St. Vincent’s HealthCare is widely recognized for delivering personalized, compassionate care that balances high touch with high tech.
Vice President, Operations leads the development and implementation of operational strategies to align with the Mission, Vision and Values of the organization.
- Provides leadership and vision to staff in areas of accountability related to long range planning and development.
- Identifies and quantifies resources needed to carry out operational plans and coordinates the acquisition and allocation of resources commensurate with plans.
- Supports behaviors and programs which enhance the culture and provide direction to the department leaders to ensure the goals and objectives of operational plans.
- Ensures development and effective administration of appropriate processes for compliance with applicable governing and regulating bodies, licensure, laws and regulations.
- Works in conjunction with the office of general counsel to ensure that transactions are legally and contractually sound and in accord with the policies.
- Ensures the patient care and clinical guidelines are followed for consistent quality and cost-effective care delivery for a diverse population.
- Ensures the development and implementation to ensure best in class levels of patient and family experience.
- Supports continuous quality and performance improvement to ensure excellent care is provided by physicians, clinicians and staff.
- Ensures resources and programming, targeted to needs and requirements are available to facilitate patient, community, associate and medical staff education.
- Ensures standards are met and metrics are tracked and measured for quality and patient satisfaction measures as provided by clinicians and staff.
- Supports systems and processes for orientation, continuous learning and development based on quantitative and qualitative information regarding patient outcomes and experiences.
- Supports systems and processes for effective administration of pro-active risk management and patient safety programs.
- In cooperation with appropriate leadership and related clinical staff, assists with development and execution of business plans and clinical programs.
- Advises on physician employment candidates and practice acquisition candidates for fit with the Mission, Vision, Values, and organizational culture.
- Represents facilities and programs to various public constituencies, professional associations, business coalitions and governmental authorities.
The Vice President, Operations reports directly to the Hospital President and is responsible for operational performance including quality, PFE, associate engagement and retention, staffing, productivity and management within plan, in addition to the management functions of planning, organizing, staffing, leading and controlling of all clinical ancillary and support (non-nursing) departments.QualificationsEducation:Master's degree or equivalent experience requiredWork Experience:5 Years Required Acute Care Experience in a Hospital Setting. 10 Years Preferred Acute Care Experience in a Hospital Setting. 5 Years Preferred Leadership/Management Experience. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of staff
- Innovative approach to the development of programs/systems that support continuous quality improvement and Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Ability to function as a leader, team member and execute the desired outcomes.
- Ability to make independent decisions and assume responsibility. Must exhibit creative, positive problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to lead in a matrixed organization.
- Ability to plan, organize and effectively present ideas and concepts to groups.
- Ability to assimilate information from a variety of sources, analyze information, and recommend a course of action.
- Proven track record of implementing organization-wide projects.